The Purpose of God
1. In the verbal inspiration of the Bible. (II Timothy 3:16, I Thessalonians 2:13, II Peter 1:21)
2. In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Also known as the "Trinity". We believe in one Triune God, who is Creator of all (Deuteronomy 6:4; Colossians 1:16), eternally existing in three distinct Persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14), yet one in being, essence, power and glory, having the same attributes and perfections (John 10:30).
God is our creator (Genesis 1:1), is eternal (Psalm 90:2), infinite (1 Timothy 1:17), sovereign (Psalm 93:1) and unsearchable (Romans 11:33-34). God is omniscient (Psalm 139:1-6), omnipresent (Psalm 139:7-13), omnipotent (Revelation 19:6), and unchanging (Malachi 3:6). God is holy (Isaiah 6:3), just (Deuteronomy 32:4), and righteous (Exodus 9:27). God is love (1 John 4:8), gracious (Ephesians 2:8), merciful (1 Peter 1:3), and good (Romans 8:28).
3. That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor. (Romans 3:9-10,23, I John 3:8, Galatians 3:13-14)
4. That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins. (Ephesians 2:8,9)
5. That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:1; Titus 3:7)
6. In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost. (Romans 5:2; 1 Corinthians 1:30; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Hebrews 13:12)
7. Holiness to be God's standard of living for His people. (Luke 1:75; 1 Thessalonians 4:7; Hebrews 12:14)
8. In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart. (Matthew 3:11; Luke 24:49, 53; Acts 1:4-8)
9. In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost. (John 15:26; Acts 2:4; 10:44-46; 19:1-7)
10. In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. (Matthew 28:19; Mark 1:9, 1 0; John 3:22, 23; Acts 8:36,38)
11. Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement. (Psalm 103:3; Isaiah 53:4, 5; Matthew 8:17; James 5:14-16; 1 Peter 2:24)
12. In the Lord's Supper. (Luke 22:17-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
13. In the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years. (1 Corinthians 15:52; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 2 Thessalonians 2:1)
14. In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked. (Matthew 25:46; Luke 18:30; John 10:28; Romans 6:22; 1 John 5:11-13; Matthew 25:41-46; Mark 3:29; 2 Thessalonians 1: 8,9; Revelation 20:10-15; 21:8)